The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Manila invites qualified organizations to submit project proposals for Dutch Bike Grants under the Fiets on Earth Bike the Planet project. Organizations that best propose how to utilize five (5) Dutch Batavus bicycles in an environmentally sustainable manner and that prove capacity to maintain them for a long period of time will be selected as recipients of the Dutch Bike Grants. A total of 15 Dutch Batavus bicycles will be made available for this competition. Dutch bike grantees will be announced in the program that immediately follows the 18 April 2010 Tour of the Fireflies at Tiendesitas in Pasig City. Proposals may be submitted through e-mail or regular mail and must be received by the Netherlands Embassy by or before 12noon of 09 April 2010 (Friday). E-mail address: FietsOnEarth@ gmail.com Mailing address: Fiets on Earth Bike the Planet Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands 26th Floor, Equitable Bank Tower 8751 Paseo de Roxas, Makati City Contact person: Ms. Tatine G. Faylona, Senior Political and Cultural Affairs Officer Phone +63 2 786 6666 +63 2 786 6666
In partnership with Firefly Brigade, the Fiets on Earth Bike the Planet project also seeks to raise awareness, capacities and knowledge-sharing (RACK) for popularizing bicycle use in Metro Manila. The Netherlands Embassy joins Firefly Brigade’s call for promoting the bicycle for clean air and sustainable communities.
For additional information, please visit http://www.fireflybrigade. org & tourofthefireflies. multiply. com
FIETS ON EARTH . BIKE THE PLANET GUIDELINES FOR PROPOSALS PROPONENT CRITERIA:
*Filipino people’s organizations (POs) and non-government organizations (NGOs), including academe-based organizations and media groups.
* Juridical personality: registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or other government registration or accreditation body.
* At least three (3) members of the organization have registered with Firefly Brigade and will join the 18 April 2010 Tour of the Fireflies.
* Logistical capacity to receive and transport five (5) Dutch Batavus bicycles immediately after turnover ceremonies in the 18 April 2010 Tour of the Fireflies.
* Willingness to enter into an agreement with the Embassy ensuring the upkeep, safekeeping and non-private use of the bicycles.
GENERAL CRITERIA FOR PROPOSALS:
- 40% The project proposed must clearly present the non-profit sustainable environmental advocacy and set of activities and strategies that utilizing the Dutch bicycles will highlight.
- 30% Broad community participation in the activities and how this could be achieved must also be integrated in the proposal.
- 30% A long-term maintenance and safekeeping plan for five (5) Dutch bicycles must form part of the proposal.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSION:
* Proposal must not be more than seven (7) pages, including cover sheet, organizational profile and attachments.
* Any font style may be used but font size must not be smaller than 12pt.
* One-page cover sheet must contain the following information: o Project Title o Project Proponent/s o Contact Person/s and position/title in the organization o Mailing address o Telephone and mobile numbers/ Fax/ E-mail address o Brief project description (three to five sentences only)
Project period Organizational profile must contain the following information:
* Name of organization * Mailing address * Website * Registration details (SEC or other government registration or accreditation body) * Related programs implemented in the past or in progress. Use of recycled paper is encouraged.
About Cycling in the Netherlands: http://www.fietsberaad.nl/library/repository/bestanden/CyclingintheNetherlands2009. pdf
About the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Manila: http://www.netherlandsembassy.ph
About Dutch Batavus bicycles: http://www.batavus.com